Sunday, June 18, 2006

pablo neruda...

has always been one of my favourite poets.

and now, sunday morning

his words are finding his way to me again.


just wondering, where it is these words take me

and my thoughts.


somewhere far away, but i can keep it close.



"i don't love you as if you were a rose of salt,

topaz or arrow of carnations that propagate fire.

i love you as one loves certain dark things,

secretly, between the shadow and the soul."



"i love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.

i love you straightforwardly,

without complexities or pride.

so i love you because i know no other way."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pablo Neruda is one of my favourite poets, too. His lines...like "I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees"...sigh...remind me of red wine kisses. Hmmm...maybe I'll take another peak at the poetry books on my bookshelf.

Susan Schwake said...

i didn't know him until now, but thank you angela for showing me his poetry!
very lovely deep drink it in thoughts!

angela said...

susanna... that my dear, is my absolute favourite of all neruda quotes. and it's already been blueprinted into one of my projects in the making. puts a smile and maybe a wish in my heart, each time i read those words.

and once upon a while ago, here too...

http://omondieu.blogspot.com/2006/04/pablo-neruda.html